8.27.2012

Green Tropical Smoothie

Two days ago, I moved to Chicago.

Yesterday, I explored the city.

Today, I invented a smoothie.

The smoothie changed my life.

The other two were cool as well.


Green Tropical Smoothie
(with ingredients solely from Trader Joe's - now about 7 blocks away from me - HOLLER)


  • handful of frozen pineapple chunks
  • handful of frozen mixed berries
  • 1/2 cup applesauce
  • one ice cube
  • 1/2 cup coconut water (YUM)
  • 1/2 cup orange juice
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (Whey this time instead of soy... actually really delicious!)
and finally...
  • one heaping handful of spinach leaves!

For this smoothie, I have to use a full-sized blender instead of my Magic Bullet because of how many DELICIOUS, WONDERFUL things are packed in there.

This is going to replace breakfast for the rest of forever. It's okay, though, because I can always have waffles and eggs and french toast for lunch... right?

Right.

It tastes sort-of like a PiƱa Colada, and looks sort-of like a pink thing with green flecks in it.

People will wonder what on earth you're drinking, and they'll ask you, and you'll tell them, and they'll be amazed at your health and glowing skin/personality. And then you'll get married and tell everyone the story of how you met, and it will be all because of me.

But seriously though, it could happen.

The moral of the story is: drink this smoothie, and you will be married immediately.

Or something.

Hey, this is cool:


Have the best of weeks, you dashingly handsome people!
Kelsie

No comments:

Post a Comment