6.27.2012

First post nerves!

Am I getting married? Because I'm getting cold feet about this whole blog thing.

Hah, just kidding. I would never leave you at the altar like that!

Well, here I am... Almost twenty years old, and I am jumping on the bandwagon that is BLOGGING. Why, you ask? Well, here's a list of reasons...


10 reasons that Kelsie is going to spend (or waste, as some would say) lots of time blogging:

  1. Because she has a lot of thoughts and some of them need to come out, gosh darnit!
  2. Because she loves sharing ideas with people and seeing what they think... EVEN if the feedback is negative. Hey, nobody's perfect, as Miley Cyrus (or was it Hannah Montana?) taught me.
  3. Because she has like a thousand journals and diaries, and she always writes as if she's writing to other people, but nobody responds... obviously (and luckily).
  4. Because blogging is hip and she is down with the sickness, or something to that effect.
  5. Because, not to brag, but she has a lot of good ideas about things, and she wants to share them with you.
  6. Because she sometimes talks in third person, which is okay on a blog, right?
  7. Because communication is what's going to develop us into a world of thoughtful, insightful people!
  8. Because she loves people and wants to hear what YOU have to say.
  9. Because she wants to provide inspiration for people who may need it.
  10. And finally, because the internet is a place where she can express her thoughts in a coherent, creative, picture-and-video-supported manner.
Are you picking up what I'm putting down?
Are you down with the sickness?

Okay, cool.

So here's an overview of what you'll find in the coming months (years? decades?):
  • My Journey: That tab up there that says "my journey?" Click on it if you want to read a not-terribly-exciting story about how I grew up and where my life is taking me. Just keep in mind that inspiration can be found anywhere!
  • Workout and food logs: I'll be logging my meals and workouts, so you can follow along and see what things you might want to try!
  • Fitness: My thoughts on various health and fitness-related topics.
  • Recipes: I am, as they say, a HEALTH-FREAKING-FREAK (yes, they actually say that). I log all of the food that I eat, and I love, love, I repeat, LOVE, to cook and bake. I experiment with healthy recipes, so be prepared for lots of "just replace the butter with Greek yogurt!" type of things.
  • Random thoughts: Let's be honest, a lot of my posts will be random ramblings. I'll try to keep it coherent, though, by sticking to a theme each time.
  • Beautiful things: Sometimes, you're just going to need to plop down and click the "beautiful things" tab to keep you from punching a small child in the face. You know what I mean? No? ...yeah, me either.
  • Funny things: There are just so many funny things on the internet and if I didn't put some of them on here, it would be a crime.
So, lovely readers, that's it for today. Save this little blog under your extremely-organized bookmark folder titled "Awesome stuff!" or "The coolest blog!" or "The worst blog ever... on opposite day!"

And have yourself a wonderful afternoon and evening.

** Remember, a little kindness can seriously start a chain reaction. Buy somebody a latte or a low-fat muffin today! Or, if you're poor like me, make them a card that says "I'm not buying you anything ever, but it doesn't change the fact that you're pretty and I like you!" **

Keep it real,
Kelsie

No comments:

Post a Comment